Created in August 2017, Earth Collective Aotearoa is a social enterprise, enabling businesses and people in a community, to live healthily and safely together now and into the future. All profits are reinvested in the company.
By 2021, the Wanaka community has fully implemented an environmentally respectful lifestyle.
- Respecting and recognising our place in Te Ao Mārama – our interconnected Earth – and acting as environmental stewards
- 100% renewable electricity consumption by 2021 (transportation by 2030)
- 50% locally produced (within 100km) food consumption by 2021
- Persistent pollutant free & single use plastic free by 2021
- 100% carbon neutral through local restorative offsets by 2021
- Conscientious shift to ethical consumerism, lifestyle and business by 2021
Strategy – We do this by:
- Earth Collective Magazine: An environmentally friendly printed magazine connecting people and their sustainable lifestyle practices while enabling businesses to showcase their activity and their stewardship progress
- Earth Collective Home: A place where people purchase essential eco goods and services and learn and discuss how to be resilient and sustainable.
- Earth Collective Flags: A campaign to encourage each other to make a difference now in our lives.
Who we are
2 very committed Wanaka residents! We love this place and want to preserve it and we are helping all of us preserve it!